Safe & Effective Electrical Circuit Breaker Services
The main function of a circuit breaker is to provide overload protection for your electrical circuits. If the circuit is overloaded, the breaker will automatically trip and shut off the flow of electricity to prevent any damage to your home or business.
At Ideal Electric, we provide quality circuit breaker services for both residential and commercial clients in San Carlos. Our technicians are licensed, bonded, and insured, and have several years of experience in the industry.
Call Ideal Electric today at (650) 977-1265 for quality circuit breaker services in San Carlos.
What Are The Different Types of Circuit Breakers?
There are several different types of circuit breakers available, each designed to protect a specific circuit. Your circuit breaker panel probably has several circuit breakers installed, each protecting a different circuit in your home or business.
Different types of circuit breakers include:
- AFCI circuit breakers – These circuit breakers are designed to protect your home or business from electrical fires. An AFCI circuit breaker will trip if it detects a small amount of electrical current that could cause a fire. These are commonly found in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Trip-free circuit breakers – These circuit breakers do not trip when the circuit is overloaded. Instead, they slowly dim or click when the circuit is overloaded.
- MCC circuit breakers – These circuit breakers are used in commercial or industrial settings. An MCC circuit breaker has four tripping levels, and each level has a trip coil and trip level. For example, an MCC-22 circuit breaker has 22 tripping levels and is used in very heavy commercial and industrial settings.
- Miniature circuit breakers – As the name suggests, these circuit breakers are smaller in size and are used in smaller spaces, such as in medical equipment or in limited spaces. They are also referred to as “drip” or “drip-line” circuit breakers.
Why Should You Replace Your Circuit Breaker?
Over time, circuit breakers can wear out and need to be replaced. Some signs that your circuit breaker needs to be replaced include:
- Your circuit breaker trips frequently, even when the circuit is not overloaded.
- You hear buzzing or clicking sounds when the circuit is overloaded.
- Your circuit breaker is discolored, warped, or rusting.
- Your circuit breaker is old, as most are designed to last for 25 years or more.
For any circuit breaker needs, call Ideal Electric at (650) 977-1265. We provide quality services for both residential and commercial clients.